Friday 30 May 2014

Margaret Noble's Funeral 30th May 2014
Back from Margaret Noble's funeral, as always these events are tinged with a mixture of emotions, great sadness obviously, I really feel such a deep friendship for Keith he has always been like another dad to me, I suppose Mentor is the word, we spent so many good times together in pantomime and on tour and doing telly work, he and Margaret are pretty much responsible for me getting into the business professionally and I can honestly say I don't think we've ever had a cross word, So it breaks my heart to think how he must feel without Margaret his wife and soul mate for 61 years i think they said.
But on the plus side these events bring people together and it was wonderful to see some old faces again, some of the Nantwich Players that I'd met again last October at their 30th anniversary of their fist play in their own theatre in which I appeared as the bizarrely named Inigo Jollifant. But also to see Michael Astbury again. Michael and I were in the same class at school we appeared in the Nantwich Tales pageant thing in 1979 went to Margaret's Youth Theatre at the Nantwich Players where he played Ratty to my Toad in Toad of Toad Hall, he kindly invited me back for coffee after the funeral today and it was lovely to see his Kids and spend some time with him and Marian and Sarah McCabe chatting over some memories from around thirty odd years ago. Who knows we might even persuade him to join facebook 

1 comment:

Julie Hopkins said...

For some strange reason tonight I was thinking of Keith and Margaret and decided to "google them. I came across some pictures and Keith was instantly recognisable. Then I came across the Nantwich Players newsletter saying that Margaret had died in May. Such devastating news. I can't imagine how Keith feels. Like you they were a big part of my childhood ( along with Jo). Say hi from me if you ever see Keith
from Julie Hopkins ( was Unsworth)