Tuesday 6 May 2014

Brodsworth Hall.  4th 5th May 2014

I spent the last couple of days with the Manchester regiment, a living history group. They were involved with an English Heritage event at Brodsworth hall near Doncaster. I took my WW1 uniform along and was very warmly welcomed. On the first day there were quite a few guys as well as a contingent from the east Yorkshire regiment as well.
I was taught some drill and we did some marching practise before going onto the arena infront of the public to do a firing demonstration with live rounds from the guys who have the live firing weapons. They were really helpful and added to my kit with the webbing and the the gun which I'll have to get sorted out for myself sometime fairly soon.
 so I learned how to Shoulder arms and order arms and slope arms and present arms and stand at attention and at ease and stand easy, although I'm sure they'll all need a lot of tidying up, if I can even remember them by the next time I have a go!

No comments: